WUMENU COMMUNITY FARM SPONSORSHIP ACTIVITIES:
Aimed at delivering the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
The world’s time-bound and quantified targets for addressing extreme poverty in its many dimensions-income poverty, hunger, disease, lack of adequate shelter, and exclusion-while promoting gender equality, education, and environmental sustainability.
- Regeneration Opportunity
- Encouraging Ethical Farming
- Helping to Work Towards Improving Climate Change
Working to the UN Millennium Development Goals By
- Creating Jobs, By Promoting Food Security
- Helping the Environment Through Our Eco Partnership
- Climate Change Improvement Projects
- Our Community Education and Awareness Projects in Scotland and Ghana .
Volunteering on the Wumenu community farm Ho
Volta Region of Ghana
- Programs available year-round, starting on the 1st and 15th of every month
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Highly affordable program fees from £270 for first week
- £70 week per person
- One off administration fee £100
- We expect volunteers to fundraise to support their chosen project whilst in Ghana on the Community farm .
- Any donation or funds raised in addition to the fees are encouraged in aid of our development projects.
- Fundraising Events in aid of the wumenu community will be paid and used sole for the farming project in Volta Region Ghana on the Wumenu Community farm
- Community-driven projects are focused on Agriculture , Arts & Culture.
- We aim to Support and promote joint cultural interdependency through Agro Ecology We look after our local needs whilst delivering sustainable positive impacts in our immediate communities.
- Our comprehensive support procedures enable us to facilitate a robust mentoring and advice servicers’ both pre-departure and while volunteering
- Weekends are free to explore Ghana with fellow volunteers Could visit ::
A: Wli Falls,
B: Kokum National Park and more!
C: Schools and community groups
D: Various neighbours’ neighbourhood in the Volta and Greater Accra Regions
(time permitting )
EDUCATION AND GENERAL COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT PROJECTS
Eco schools Ambassadors Project
Global Citizen Award 2017/18/19
This year Eco schools Ambassadors Project will open from November 2016 to close for submissions on the 6th September 2017.
The first Global Citizen Award will be staged and held in Ghana Scotland and Canada in October 2017
TAAC & ACAS are now offering chances of winning creative arts workshops filming sessions and cultural evening event of your choice for your school or community group.
ACTIVITIES ON OFFER
Participating Schools in the Ghana could choose any of our creative Arts activities as a tool for fundraising
In aid of our Ghana Projects (Educational Entertainment with the Arts)
Ghanaian& Scottish International Eco Partnership
- Interactive Storytelling for seeds and seedlings
- Interactive Creative Drumming for seeds and seedlings
- Creative Decorative Arts workshop for seeds (Leading to exhibition or cultural evening)
- Twinning Schools in Ghana and Scotland or any European country including USA
The workshops are free to participating school in our tropical tree planting project. Tropical fruits and vegetables grow today in the tropics will one day find their way back as raw materials , jobs and food and juice through our local shops and supermarkets and shop in non tropical Regions of the world.
The project will work well in Ghana or Scotland or any European country including USA
As part of Africa week or a short whole school Mini Residency at no extra cost to the school willing to help with the fundraising effort or activities to help finance the project of their choice.
We recommend that your schools Ambassadors aim to fund raise as little as possible or as much as possible or as much as you can in aid of your chosen projects’.
WHO IS A CULTURAL ABASSADORS
A Global Citizen is a citizen of any country willing to help others to help themselves anywhere in the world for the common good.
To do this a true Global Citizen must have the following qualities:
- Respect others as much as the respect yourself
- Willing and able to act fairly for the common good
- Politely Question wrong doing and find an amiable way to help make good what need to be put right with the help of like minded Global citizens for the common good
How to Get Started
Taking part is simple. Just follow the following easy steps:
Step 1: Register your school with an Email to email@example.com from 21st of August 2016.
Step 2: We will send you a menu of activities to choose from and
help with your project Business Idea.
Step 3: Appoint your School High Commissioner
Step 3: Appoint your school Ambassadors in your school
Step 4: Appoint your School Diplomats from parents and patrons of
your school (Sponsorship Positions)
How do we deliver?
Read and discuses our Eco partnership menu of activities on offer before you:
Agriculture and Community Development Projects:
- High health Goat breeding project
- High health Poultry breeding project
- High health Pig breeding project
- Buying water tanker for local community
- Building a community water storage system for the farmer
Step 5: Write/ Discus your Social Enterprise choice (Business Plan)
Prepare for your project delivery
Step 6: Launch your projects and start generating local income!
Step 7: Submit your Final Report and tell us what you have achieved!
6th September, for evaluation and selection by our panel of distinguished industries practitioners’ home and abroad
We are aiming to raise funds for the following projects first with our potential partners outside Ghana with support from Banks Media House in Ghana. (A very clear partnership and transparency arrangement with valuable clarity)
AWARDS CEREMONY 2017
(Educational Entertainment with the Arts & Culture)
CELEBRATION OF OUR JOINT EFFORTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS FOR THE COMMON GOOD
CULTURAL EVENING AFRICAHLIE AFROBEAT DANCEHALL GETTO YOUTH MUSIC
Awards ceremony TV & RADIO Global citizens awards to your school in OCTOBER BLACK HISTORY MONTH
The deadline for submitting final reports is 6th September 2017 !
- We always welcome donations Sponsorship
- We have no paid staff in the UK
To find out more about becoming a Social Enterprise school,
GLOBAL Eco Partner:
Please contact TAAC on 01412582911
By: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of Wumenu Community Farm Charity SCO37724
THE AFRICA ART CENTRE
286 BROOMLOAN ROAD
IBROX – GOVAN – GLASGOW G51 2JQ
FRIENDS OF THE WUMENU COMMUNITY FARM
Scottish Charity No: (SC037724)
PO BOX AC27
ACCRA ART CENTRE
GHANA WEST AFRICA
Eco schools Ambassadors Project
Chief Gift Kofi Amu Logotse
Fife Schools of social Enterprise (Fellow 2005)
Established and experienced Creative and Performing Artist